Your photos in dialogue with the collection.
Many thanks to everyone who uploaded pictures to Everybody is a Photographer! At the end of the year we closed the uploading facility, after receiving more than 7,500 images! These pictures are now on show at Moderna Museet.
Watch the video clip of Carl Johan De Geer’s invitation:
In connection with the new presentation of our collection, Another story, we are showing Carl Johan De Geer’s CJ’s Photo Booth from 1968. Carl Johan tells us in the video clip above about his idea of portraying and documenting people’s everyday lives.
“Photographs are like time machines. It is important that we record ordinary things, ourselves, our friends and the places where we spend our time. Take pictures of your everyday life! This is important! Otherwise, how will we remember in the future how we lived today?” says Carl Johan De Geer.
40 years after CJ’s Photo Booth, digital technology has made it easier than ever to take photos. But only a small number of pictures are printed out. Take photos of yourself and your nearest and dearest in everyday life. We will print and exhibit them at Moderna Museet. The pictures will be printed on matte photo paper in the formats 10x10, 10x13 or 10x15 cm. The size is determined by the format of your original. No images will be cropped.
Terms for uploading images:
- You can upload a maximum of 10 images.
- You are responsible for the images you upload.
- You confirm that the images were taken by you personally.
- Do not upload images that could be regarded as insulting.
- Do not upload images of a person in an insulting situation where the person can be identified, or images that are in violation of the Swedish Personal Data Act, PUL.
- Photomontages or other digitally processed images may not contain image elements by other photographers/artists.
- Images with commercial messages or marketing captions are not accepted.
- Moderna Museet has the right to show your images and to publish them on the Moderna Museet website, Facebook page, Twitter, Flickr and other printed and digital material relating to the project Alla är en fotograf/Everybody is a Photographer.
- Moderna Museet reserves the right to refrain from showing images that do not comply with the above terms.