A pre-booked ticket is required for all visitors
The exhibition has free admission but a pre-booked ticket is required. This includes children and other groups who have free admission. Whithout a ticket you can not visit the exhibition. The ticket is valid for all of the exhibitions at Moderna Museet Malmö.
Ola Billgrens plats 2–4, Malmö
Welcome to the Shop
The Moderna Museet’s shop offers an exciting selection of products featuring art-, photography- and design related gifts as well as postcards, posters, catalogues and books. All proceeds from our stores contribute directly to Moderna Museet.
The Shop has the same opening hours as the museum.
We do not accept cash. You are welcome to pay with card in the Shop.
Free Wi-Fi in the café and entrance. Ask our museum hosts if you have problems accessing the Wi-Fi.
Toilets, accessible toilet and baby changing facilities are located on the entrance floor.
Good to know
- It is not allowed to touch the works of art. Even the lightest touch causes enormous damage because the salt and grease present – even clean hands leave marks on all materials.
- Filming and photographing are permitted (without flash or tripod) in the exhibition spaces. Repeated photo flashing can disturb other visitors. Camera stands are considered a hazard. Selfie-sticks are not allowed.
- Talking on cell phones is not allowed in the exhibition halls.
- Unfortunately, there is no eating area at the museum.
- Animals are not allowed in the museum, with the exception of guide dogs.
Lockers, bags, backpacks
At the moment we have limited access to the lockers. This is due to the risk of crowding. Please leave larger bags and backpacks as well as larger outdoor clothes at home to avoid using the lockers. Smaller backpacks must be carried on the stomach or in the hand in the exhibition halls.
During your visit to Moderna Museet Malmö, you will meet our museum hosts at the information desk or in the exhibitions. They will be pleased to answer any questions about the art, the exhibitions or events, or to hear your ideas or comments.
Map of the museum
Published 11 June 2015 · Updated 6 May 2021