A loan request should be made in writing at least 9 months prior to the exhibition opening. The request is addressed to the Director of Moderna Museet, Daniel Birnbaum and Loan Coordinator Kristina von Knorring.
The loan request shall include:
- dates and title of the exhibition
- description of the exhibition concept
- a list of the requested works of art, including Moderna Museet´s inventory numbers if possible
- purpose of the loan
- a completed and signed Standard Facilities Report & Security Supplement. Moderna Museet uses the UKRG (United Kingdom Registrars’ Group) Standard Facilities Report (pdf) & Security Supplement (pdf).
Please feel free to contact us if you have further questions.
Outgoing Loans Policy
Decisions are based upon Moderna Museet’s Outgoing Loans Policy, where priority is given to:
- Major one-person exhibitions.
- Exhibitions devoted to a particular theme that will open up new perspectives or generate new knowledge in the field of art history.
- Exhibitions introducing artists or periods to a new audience.
- Collecting institutions that are potential lenders to Moderna Museet’s future exhibitions.
Moderna Museet does not lend art to commercial galleries or organisers who operate as art dealers.
Kristina von Knorring, Loan Coordinator
SE-103 27 Stockholm
Published 27 January 2016 · Updated 30 May 2017