Welcome to Moderna Museet in Stockholm
The Art Library
Adult: 150 SEK
Senior/student: 120 SEK
The ticket includes admission to all exhibitions.
Free admission on Fridays at 18–20
Free admission for those 18 and under and Klubb Moderna.
In 2023, three new exhibitions will open, featuring iconic pieces and new discoveries from our collection of 140,000 works. To do this, we need to reinstall the art in three stages. Some of our galleries will have to be closed during this reorganising, however.
Skeppsholmen, Stockholm. Main entrance: Exercisplan 4. You can get here by underground, bus, boat, car, bicycle or by foot. Find us
Welcome to the Shop!
The Moderna Museet’s shop offers products featuring art-, photography- and design related gifts and over 3000 book titles.
Your guide to the museum
On our Exhibition Guide you find audio guides, texts and videos.
Right now you can watch a film about the exhibition “Korakrit Arunanondchai – From dying to living” and read curator Fredrik Liew’s essay about the exhibition “Nan Goldin – This Will Not End Well”.
Our museum hosts are happy to assist you throughout the building and discuss the art and our exhibitions. Please contact them if you have questions about the works of art, our exhibitions and events, if you need to borrow a wheelchair or want to share your ideas or provide feedback on the Museum.
Things to know before your visit:
- The Restaurant, café and coffee bar are on the 4th floor.
- Packed lunches can be eaten in the area just inside the entrance facing the water on the 1st floor.
- Baby changing facilities are available on each floor.
- Toilets are available on each floor.
- Baby buggies are provided on request.
- Folding stools are available.
- Lockers are available on the 4th and 1st floors. Big lockers size: 38cm x 98cm, 50 cm depth. Small lockers size: 38cm x 48cm, 50 cm depth.
- Refunded after use.
- Unattended cloakroom on the 4th floor.
- Free wifi is available.
Map of the Moderna Museet
Information in National minority languages
Here your find information about Moderna Museet in Sweden’s national minority languages.
Romani arli (pdf)
Published 20 May 2015 · Updated 30 January 2023