In the 1980s, a number of outstanding female artists emerged in Sweden and the Nordic region. They are the hub of the exhibition “Sleepless Nights …
From the 1980s in the Moderna Museet collection
Revisit the classics and discover new artists in the Swedish Modernism movement. The exhibition “Pink Sails – Swedish Modernism in the Moderna …
Swedish Modernism in the Moderna Museet collection
Seven Rooms and a Garden
In “Seven Rooms and a Garden: Rashid Johnson and The Moderna Museet Collection”, the work of American artist and filmmaker Rashid Johnson …
Rashid Johnson and The Moderna Museet Collection
Listen and learn more about the art works in our exhibitions. Visit the Exhibition Guide.
Our museum hosts are happy to assist you throughout the building and discuss the art and our exhibitions. Please contact them if you have questions about the works of art, our exhibitions and events, if you need to borrow a wheelchair or want to share your ideas or provide feedback on the Museum.
Things to know before your visit:
- The Restaurant, café and coffee bar are on the 4th floor.
- Packed lunches can be eaten in the area just inside the entrance facing the water on the 1st floor.
- Baby changing facilities are available on each floor.
- Toilets are available on each floor.
- Baby buggies are provided on request.
- Folding stools are available.
- Lockers are available on the 4th and 1st floors. Big lockers size: 38cm x 98cm, 50 cm depth. Small lockers size: 38cm x 48cm, 50 cm depth.
- Refunded after use.
- Unattended cloakroom on the 4th floor.
- Free wifi is available.
Information in National minority languages
Here your find information about Moderna Museet in Sweden’s national minority languages.
Published 20 May 2015 · Updated 27 November 2023