School classes are welcome to visit Moderna Museet on their own, with a responsible teacher.
To avoid double bookings for guided tours, please contact our Booking Office in good time and notify us of the date of your visit.
Free admission for:
School classes with pupils under the age 18 (with a teacher)
Accompanying teachers and assistants
Book a guided tour or workshop
We offer free teachers’ guides in Swedish for selected exhibitions, and our current exhibitions and learning activities are presented once every term at our popular teachers’ evenings. We also offer half-day or full-day Further education for teachers, customised to your special requirements. And don’t miss our educational tool 50 pictures, perfect for teachers who use art images in the classroom.
Planning your next visit:
- Contact the booking office and tell us when you want to come, so there won’t be too many guided tours at the same time. Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us on +46 (8) 5202 3501 on Tuesday–Friday between 10 and 12. The booking is closed 23 December 2017–7 January 2018.
- The best time for a visit is Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. A good time to visit on your own is before lunch, when the exhibitions are usually quiet. Tuesdays are usually heavily booked, and you may have to wait to see the exhibition you came for. Pre-booked groups have priority to the exhibitions.
- Always inform the entrance desk that you are visiting with a school class, even if you haven’t booked a guided tour. Each class visiting Moderna Museet will be welcomed by one of our hosts, who will give a short introduction to the Museum and the ongoing exhibitions.
- Prepare your visit. We provide teachers’ guides for most of our temporary exhibitions. They can be downloaded here: Teachers’ guides.
- Select 4–6 works. Experience has shown that pupils usually get more out of a structured visit, where they have time to study a limited number of works (4–6) in peace, rather than trying to see everything.
- Read our rules for visitors!
What did you do?
Share your experiences of visiting Moderna Museet, and give your colleagues new ideas and inspiration! Tell us how you organised your own guided tours and the exercises you did with the kids at the Museum or in the classroom, or any other interesting information about your visit.
Send an e-mail to Ylva Hillström, curator of education.
Published 22 May 2015 · Updated 8 January 2018