Visit the museum
Alexander Calder, De fyra elementen, 1961 © Alexander Calder/BUS 2015
Moderna Museet is located on Skeppsholmen, an island in central Stockholm.
There are several ways to get here
Visiting the museum – information and rules
- The Restaurant, café and coffee bar are on the 4th floor.
- Parking spaces are available outside the entrance facing the water.
- Packed lunches can be eaten in the area just inside the entrance facing the water on the 1st floor.
- Baby changing facilities are available on each floor.
- Toilets and urinals are available on each floor.
- Baby buggies are provided on request.
- Folding stools are available.
- Lockers are available on the 4th and 1st floors. A 5-krona coin is required. Refunded after use.
- Unattended cloakroom on the 4th floor.
- Audioguides in Swedish and English are available as apps for mobiles, for a guided tour at your own pace.
- Free wifi is available in the 4th floor foyer.
- Our museum hosts are happy to assist you throughout the building and discuss the art and our exhibitions. Please contact them if you have questions about the works of art, our exhibitions and events, if you need to borrow a wheelchair or want to share your ideas or provide feedback on the Museum.
More visitors’ information is available here, including why you are not allowed to touch the works of art!
Read more here about accessibility
Information in Sweden’s national minority languages
Map of the Moderna Museet